Thursday, July 12, 2007

Break Even success! Week 5 Update

I finally did it!! Not by much, but I did it! Last week I came really close, but this week, for the first time, I finally broke even and am even ever so slightly chipping away at the negatives that I've built up.

Honestly, I didn't do very much this week other than work. The tutoring picked up, and I went from 6 hours to 17 hours. Some of those hours were proctoring a test, so I just got to sit and read and write, and some of those hours were trainings and update, so they weren't all high paying hours, but I definitely did better for having worked.

We were underbudget on the groceries this week by about $15. It's not as much as I would have hoped, given last week's extensive buying, but at least we are under budget. We were also underbudget on our eating out, but only because of my rule that gift cards were to count as neither earnings nor spending. We had a restaurant gift card that we'd been sitting on for a few months (it was an end of the year gift from a student), and we hadn't used it because it was for a place that wasn't part of our ordinary routine. We used it on Saturday for a nice "date," and then went out on Wednesday to our favorite buffet with b1g1 coupons, spending a grand total of $8. Yay!

The "extra" money making activities fizzled this week. I'm going to try to get back on the ball with that this week, even as I increase my hours a little bit more at the tutoring job.
420
-8.10 Associated Content articles
-1 Survey
-392 Teaching
-12.50 Ebay
-10.81 half.com sales
-17 Under Budget restaurant
-15 Groceries

$36 Profit

Yay!!

Total for summer 763 deficit.

Hmmm....

0 comments: