Saturday, January 21, 2012

Debt reduction resources

I've been asked for some resources to help with debt reduction. I'm sure more will follow, but here's a good place to start:

You can subscribe to a free Dave Ramsey podcast on Itunes. I don't always (okay, often) agree with his politics, so I like the podcast so I can fast forward.

There's a free Debt snowball calculator over at What's the Cost.

Read about how to get lower interest rates from Wise Bread. If you have credit card debt, I think this is a MUST DO step. It can lower your payments and get you out of debt faster. Also, Wise Bread is probably the best personal finance blog out there right now.

Learn about Snowflaking from I've paid for this twice already. I love this technique. It's what I do.

This may be overwhelming but 73 Great Debt Elimination tips from Zen Habits. Love him.

10 common debt reduction mistakes from NCN at No Credit Needed. His blog is really inspiring.

1 comments:

Anna said...

In order to reduce your debts, it is also quite important to get out of debt. In order to get out of debt, you need to avoid new debts. So, when you’ve decided that you want to get out of debt, the first thing that you need to do is to stop taking out any further loans. Then you need to curb your spending so that you will be able to save money to pay off your existing debts. You should also take steps to increase your spending as the extra income will help you in paying off the existing debts. You should also take steps to lead a frugal life which will help you in avoiding falling into debts further.