Saturday, August 15, 2009

Frugality with guests?

This is kind of a strange Frugal Friday post because instead of giving frugal advice, I'm asking for it. We have family staying with us all week, and next week we're going to have a friend staying with us. Even though we have food in the fridge, we're going out every night. We're driving more than we ever do, and we're doing lots of tourist-y things, all of which cost money. I know that we have guests, and I want to just enjoy them, but in the back of my head, I'm a little worried about all the money going out - even when it's theirs and not ours. Does anyone have any good tips on being frugal when you have houseguests?

For frugal tips, check out Frugal Friday at Life as Mom.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

My #1 tip is to be prepared. Have a list ready of possible low-cost activities, restaurants, etc. Don't schedule everything to the hilt, but don't leave the days wide open, either. I find that if I don't have any plans at all, the days will quickly get filled up with expensive activities and meals out.

Newport Beach Packing Service said...

Great blog post, thanks for sharing.