Saturday, August 9, 2008

Free meatballs at Ikea?

I was at Ikea the other day, helping a friend pick out furniture, and I saw a sign that said:

"Bring in 12 inches of newspaper and get a free meal in the Ikea cafe!"

The newspapers are used to wrap purchases in the checkout lines (Ikea charges for bags now, too, how European), which warms the cockles of my green heart (Reduce, reuse, recycle, in that order). Since I hadn't brought my newspapers and Ikea is almost 2 hours from my house (we were in the city for the day anyway), I haven't tried this, but it sounds excellent. I will gladly trade my newspapers for meatballs any day.

Has anyone done this?

2 comments:

From Bottle to Box said...

I love Ikea, and I have had their meatballs, but do you ever wonder where the meat comes from? I've become incredibly meat phobic in the last 5 years. I wonder if there is a crazy phobia name for my disfunction.

story girl said...

Oh, maaaaaan, I wish you hadn't said that. I totally understand your fears, and there are times when I try to let myself ignore those questions so I can enjoy my meatballs - but of course, you are probably right. More research is required.