Sunday, May 26, 2013

In which I get free Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kakes

Let's talk about Tastykakes.

When we lived in Texas, we suffered from severe Tastykake withdrawal.  Every time we went to visit our family in New Jersey, we would come back with boxes of Kandykakes stuffed in our suitcases.  My Mother in Law used to mail them to us.  It's possible we have a problem.

Now that we live on the east coast again and can regularly get them in our grocery store, we don't hoard them anymore, but we do always have a box in our refrigerator.  Right now, I think it's coconut cakes.

So, imagine how excited I was Influenster sent me a free Kandy Bar Kake  try.  Free.  Kandy Kake.  Some of my favorite words right there.

I promised my two year old that we could share it after dinner, but I forgot about it until after she went to bed, which meant I had to wait another day.  (Insert impatient foot tap here.)

We finally ate my Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kake tonight, split three ways (yeah, yeah, I let my husband have some too).  It was as good as I'd imagined!  It was like a regular peanut butter Kandy Kake but in bar form.  It had a nice creamy center and was much more compact and portable than the traditional two cake package.

I will probably buy these again because, y'know, we have a Tasty Kake problem.  Mmmm, cake.  They regularly sell for $4.49 per family pack, but I am pretty good at spotting sales on them.

I was given this product for free to try from Influenster.  Influenster is a great way to get free products to try if you are a social media maven. If you're not a member, leave your email address and let me refer you!

0 comments: