Sunday, October 14, 2007

CouponMom: A great resource for busy people (like me)

Many of you who have been reading know that I enjoy coupon shopping, and like to shop at at least one grocery store and two drug stores every month. This summer, I was trading coupons, participating in a coupon train, clipping, sorting, filing, store hopping, and rebating like a champ.

Then school started again.

I've been working like a madwoman for the past eight weeks or so, and one of the things that started to fall by the wayside was the couponing. It really just wasn't a priority for me.

Coupon mom has helped me get back on track. Every week, she matches store savings to all the unexpired insert coupons she has on file. I just go to her website, click my store, and it generates a list. I like to sort the list by percent saved, so I can be sure to catch the best deals, but I usually read to the bottom of the list. With a few clicks, I can create a printable list of just the items I want. I then take that list to my file of unclipped inserts, where it tells me in exactly which dated inserts I can find the coupon I need. This saves me hours a week, and I've gotten my grocery budget back down to $40 a week for two of us, even with some luxury items thrown in. Best of all, this is a 100% free service.

$40 a week is not as good as I was doing this summer when I was doing this all out, but who cares? It's good enough and it's helping my family.

3 comments:

E.C. said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it, especially since I've been over budget lately. (Last week I spent $30 on groceries for just one person.)

E.C. said...

Have you given up the blog?

coupon2deal said...

Thank you for sharing this information with us. coupon2deal is one of the best website through this you can save your money easily and safely because we provide different types f discount coupons on different types of products like Dollar General Coupons, Aldi Coupons, 123inkjets Coupon, Ace Hardware Coupon, Allen Edmonds Coupon